Notice: Print Software Implementation
As of Monday August 21, 2017, Acadia’s new print server and print software management tool (PaperCut) will be available.
Technology Services (TS) does not anticipate any interruptions of services. If you require crucial documents on the morning on the 21st, TS recommends printing or copying them before you leave on Friday.
What does this mean?
On Monday August 21, representatives from Technology Services and Konica Minolta will go to each multi-function printer (MFP) to activate the device with PaperCut and to provide training/support. Information materials will also be left at each printer.
- Windows Operating Systems. On Monday Aug 21, you will now see a PaperCut Green P icon added to your taskbar.
- Mac Operating Systems. Only those requiring access to multiple accounts need PaperCut installed on their Mac Operating systems. Those affected will receive an email on Friday August 18, 2017 with more detailed information.
Using the Multifunctional Printer (MFP).
MFPs refers to the fleet of devices on campus that allow for printing, copying, scanning, and faxing. Individual desktop printers are excluded from MFPs.
Use of the Photocopier or Scanner will require an ID “tap card” or a login with your Acadia User ID and Password. This will replace User Codes on certain MFPs.
- Have a Tap Card? To use the “tap” feature of your ID card, please follow these instructions for first time setup.
- Want a Tap Card? Please contact Nadine Wilson at Safety and Security. She will provide you with an updated card.
- Forgot your Tap Card? You can login with your Acadia User ID and Password.
You Get a Pop-Up when Printing or Selection List when Copying?
A Pop-Up or Selection List indicates that you must select an account to continue. No Pop-Up or Selection List indicates that you have only one account and no further action is necessary.
Students working in a department, and need access to the MFP, require an Acadia faculty/staff account. Complete this Computer Account Request Form to request an account.
Track the Usage of the MFPs.
Key Operators will receive a monthly report outlining the usage by user and cost. Financial Services will continue to send the overall departmental charges which includes leasing, paper, flash fees, on a quarterly basis. Each individual user can see their own usage by accessing the papercut interface.
PaperCut is a multi-platform software solution that enables the campus to manage, account and recover print/copy/scan output via user login or card ID. From a user’s perspective, PaperCut provides enhanced flexibility and security. Users can charge work to the proper accounts rather than only the departmental budget. From the perspective of Financial Services and departmental administrators, the increased flexibility supports detailed accounting and minimizes the current manual, labour intensive monthly process.
In the coming months, TS will continue to implement additional PaperCut features.
TS/Financial Services Printing Support.
Technology Services and Financial Services based the single/multiple accounts on current GL distribution. These can be updated and changed.
- For any change requests associated with printing accounts, please create a Request Changes to PaperCut Shared Accounts.
- For any issues with printing please place a Printing Service Request or call 902-542-HELP.