Security Advisory: Phishing Email
TIME OF OCCURRENCE:
Monday May 25, 2020
A Phishing email has been circulating throughout Acadia. It comes from an internal email address, with the subject Purchase Order. The email contains a malicious link. Please do not click on the link or respond. The email appears as:
Subject: Purchase Order
A FILE WAS SENT TO YOU for your review
Has been Approved.
Review Here PDF
- Delete the email.
- If you received the email and clicked on the attachment, please contact the Service Desk immediately using the Report a Cybersecurity or Privacy Event HUB Request: https://hub.acadiau.ca/TDClient/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=188. You will be asked to leave a call back number.
- Steps you can take to protect yourself:
- Practice Safe Password Hygiene:
- Use strong passwords
- Use the mantra - Unique Account; Unique Password
- Use a password manager. See the following HUB article for information on the best Password Manager for you: https://hub.acadiau.ca/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=864
- Use separate emails and accounts for your home and work life.
- Keep a clean up-to-date device.
- Use the Phish Alert Button (or forward to email@example.com) to report phishing emails.
- Take the 2020 Cybersecurity Awareness training available to you at KnowBe4.com
All proposed changes are reviewed by a Change Advisory Board and, where possible, scheduled between 5-7:30 am (Atlantic Time). Once approved, they are placed on a Maintenance Calendar.
Using the HUB continues to be the best way to receive support and answers to your questions. Thank you for your patience as our support protocols shift.
Follow our Tuesday Tech Tips - https://hub.acadiau.ca/TDClient/KB/?CategoryID=124
Acadia Technology Services