Service Notice: Technology Services Support Protocol
As we open to the campus community, Technology Services is adapting the way in which we provide service. Effective September 8, 2020, the Service Desk is “open for business” with the following support protocols in place:
Clients will be required to have an appointment to enter the Service Desk area. Staff will conduct an initial virtual consultation and then schedule an in-person follow-up visit, if necessary.
There are several ways in which to contact Technology Services staff for initial support and consultation:
- Live Chat: ts-chat.acadiau.ca
- HUB Service Portal: hub.acadiau.ca | ts.acadiau.ca
- Phone: 902-585-HELP (4357)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HELP IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE:
- Find Answers Search the Knowledge Base (KB) for help articles. The Knowledge Base is categorized help, or
- Request Assistance Search the Catalogue for particular Service Requests. The Services are based on the same categories as the Knowledge Base and will let you place a request. It will ask specific information based on the type of request, or.
- Search Using key words, search for a list of KB articles and Services.
- A General Request is available for when you cannot find help on a specific topic or you require an appointment.
Hours of Operation:
The Service Desk Hours are 8am – 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- If you experience technical issues, it may not always be possible to address the issues during a live class. It is recommend that backup plans be put into place.
- If you discover a problem while teaching on campus, please call our office using the room’s service phone. If necessary, we will send a staff member with appropriate PPE to the classroom.
- If you encounter a problem while teaching online, please contact us and we will try to resolve the issue quickly.
- If you are experiencing, Wi-Fi issues while living in residence, report it using the HUB ticket (https://hub.acadiau.ca/TDClient/Requests/ServiceDet?ID=89) or contact the Service Desk.
Report a Privacy or Cybersecurity Issue:
- If your account or computer is compromised (ransomware, etc.), please call the Service Desk immediately or use a different device (such as your smartphone) to request support and notify us.
- To report a phishing email, select the Phish-Alert Button or forward the email to email@example.com
- All maintenance and Service Advisories are posted in several locations: Twitter or Facebook or the TS website. All scheduled work is placed on the Maintenance Calendar.
- Follow our Tuesday Tech Tips - https://hub.acadiau.ca/TDClient/KB/?CategoryID=124
- For an overview on Technology Services Support Protocols, please see: https://hub.acadiau.ca/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=924