Service Notice: Teams and Skype for Business Update
Skype for Business
TIME OF OCCURRENCE:
Wednesday June 24, 2020 (11:00 am AT)
Skype for Business Users
Microsoft Teams Users
As of end of day June 24, all meeting, calling, and chat features will be consolidated in Teams.
HOW DOES THIS IMPACT YOU?
- Outlook mobile apps will have a Teams meeting option. The Skype for Business meeting option will be removed.
- Outlook desktop and Web app will have a Teams meeting option only. The Skype for Business meeting option will be removed.
- Skype for Business app can still be used to join meetings for Skype for Business meetings/calls that have been organized by contacts external to Acadia.
- All calls and chats will be received in Teams, even if the sender is using Skype for Business. Skype for Business calls, chats, or meetings cannot be initiated by an Acadia user.
- Existing Skype for Business chats are maintained in the Outlook Conversation folder.
For further information, please see Switch to Teams from Skype for Business – FAQ
See the HUB article External and Guest access in Teams for more information on external collaboration.
All proposed changes are reviewed by a Change Advisory Board and, where possible, scheduled between 5-7:30 am. Once approved, they are placed on a Maintenance Calendar.
Using the HUB continues to be the best way to receive support and answers to your questions. Thank you for your patience as our support protocols shift.
Acadia Technology Services