Service Notice: Teams Breakout Rooms
Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams Meetings is now available. Breakout rooms allow meeting organizers to split main meetings into smaller sessions for focused discussions.
For a brief Breakout Room demonstration, you can watch this 5 minute Microsoft How-To Video.
For a more detailed summary, please see the Breakout Rooms HUB article.
TO SEE BREAKOUT ROOMS:
- Ensure that you have activated the new Teams Meeting Experience:
- Clicking on your profile image within Teams
- Selecting Settings
- Checking the “Turn on new meeting experience” option within General settings.
- Restart your Teams client.
- You can double check that the setting is setup correctly by starting a meeting and verifying that the meeting opens in its own window.
- Make sure all participants, including the meeting organizer are using the latest version of Teams. If joining on Android or iOS mobile or tablet, make sure participants go to their App Store and download the latest update.
- As a meeting organizer, join a private scheduled meeting or private meet now meeting. Once you are in the meeting you should see the breakout room option next to the raise hand control.
- You must be a meeting organizer to see the option. Meeting attendees and presenters will not see the breakout rooms option.
This has been promoted as part of our #TechTipTuesday series. Each Tuesday, Technology Services posts a tip to our Facebook and Twitter pages.
All maintenance and Service Advisories are posted in several locations: Twitter or Facebook or the TS website. All scheduled work is placed on the Maintenance Calendar.
For an overview on Technology Services Support Protocols, please see: https://hub.acadiau.ca/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=924