Service Notice: Verifying Microsoft Status Availability
Last night, Microsoft 365 had a service outage which caused users to have connection issues with Outlook, Teams, OneDrive etc.
Those already logged into active sessions were able to continue their work. Those not in active sessions were unable to send or receive emails, access Teams or connect to other applications.
There are several monitoring sites that provide an overview of outages to services such as Microsoft 365, Netflix, Google etc. Technology Services has created a link to the Microsoft Service Health Portal on the TS website (ts.acadiau.ca) and the HUB Service Portal (hub.acadiau.ca). Look for the Microsoft Office 365 Current Status graphic. This will take you to a Microsoft Service Portal that provides the current status of Office components.
- If you’re having a problem, look for the Microsoft Office 365 Current Status link on the TS website (ts.acadiau.ca) or the HUB Service Portal (hub.acadiau.ca).
- Follow Microsoft 365 Status on Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/MSFT365Status
- Create a bookmark in your browser to a service monitoring site:
For more information see associated Tech Tip Knowledge Base article: https://hub.acadiau.ca/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=983
This has been promoted as part of our #TechTipTuesday series. Each Tuesday, Technology Services posts a tip to:
- Acadia Technology Services Facebook and Acadia Technology Services Twitter
- Acadia HUB Service Portal (Tech Tip).
All maintenance and Service Advisories are posted in several locations: Twitter or Facebook or the TS website. All scheduled work is placed on the Maintenance Calendar.
Follow our Tuesday Tech Tips - https://hub.acadiau.ca/TDClient/KB/?CategoryID=124
For an overview on Technology Services Support, please see: https://hub.acadiau.ca/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=924.