Welcome to the Tech Store
Each student is required to have a laptop that meets the recommended specifications similar to the models offered by our Online Tech Store. We have several models that are designed to meet your academic needs. The pricing, configurations, and warranty packages detailed in the web stores are specific to Acadia University.
Below are examples of the base models.
Please note the important notices regarding Apple and Dell purchases at the bottom of this page.
While you may purchase a laptop from any store or directly from the manufacturer, there are key advantages of making the purchase through the Acadia Tech Store:
- Student/Employee pricing
Onsite warranty repairs
- Certified technicians
Tested in Acadia’s technology environment
Simply stated, we provide on-site hardware repairs and more comprehensive software diagnosing! We are an Apple and Dell certified repair site. For those who have purchased a recommended Dell or Apple laptop through the online Acadia Online Tech Store, our staff are able to repair hardware related problems.
Although employees receive the same preferred pricing as students, on-site servicing of laptops is only available to students.
There are additional considerations when purchasing a laptop. Some of these may impact your laptop purchase:
1. Microsoft Office 365. As a registered student at Acadia, you have access to a suite of Office 365 products. Office 365 is relevant to both Dell and Apple computers. Your Office365 suite includes 5 free copies of Microsoft Office 2016 and 1TB of Cloud Storage.
2. Apple Users. Some academic applications may require Microsoft Windows. Apple Users maybe required to purchase this operating system. A minimum of 256GB storage capacity is required for this additional operating system. Student taking courses in Nutrition and/or Engineering will require a 256GB storage capacity (Hard Drive).
3. Course Software. Some courses require specific software for the class. You can purchase additional software titles from the Acadia University Software Portal. This portal will take you to a separate web domain. A credit card will be required for these purchases.
4. Anti-virus Solutions. There are many anti-virus services/solutions available. Some are free (AVG, AVAST, Microsoft Security Essentials) and others you may subscribe to for a monthly fee. Paying for an anti-virus solution does not necessarily provide you with better protection; most paid versions include additional features that are not required to sufficiently protect yourself.
Important Notices about your Purchases
Important Notices Regarding Your Apple Products:
- Acadia only offers hardware support on notebooks matching the specifications of those listed in theTech Store Webpage. Upgrades from the standard specifications may cause delays in on-campus repair times. Service and support is also available from Apple by calling 1-800-APL-CARE.
- You may need to purchase Windows Professional operating system to run some of the Windows based applications on campus (requires 256GB storage capacity).
- If you do not have a Canadian credit card, you can still make a purchase. Please call 1-800-MY-APPLE and indicate that you are an Acadia University student to make alternate arrangements.
- If you are relying on Financial Aid, please click on Need Help.
- If you are a student, you may have your computer shipped directly to Acadia Technology Services (see Address to the right). Please ensure you note your name on the delivery.
Shop with Apple education pricing at Apple.com and save on a new Mac or iPad. Education pricing is available to current and incoming Acadia students, their parents, and Acadia faculty and staff. The Acadia custom store provides access to Apple online store exclusives.
Important Notices Regarding Your Dell Products:
- Acadia only offers hardware support on notebooks matching the specifications of those listed in the Tech Store Upgrades from the standard specifications may cause delays in on-campus repair times.
- You will need a credit card to complete your purchase online. If you do not have a recognized credit card, or are relying on financial aid, please click on Need Help?
If you are a student, you may have your computer shipped directly to Acadia Technology Services (See Address to the right). Please ensure that you note your name on the delivery.